Strategies achievable with SLP
Set-up your Special Limited Partnership in Luxembourg
The Special Limited Partnership (SCSp) is the perfect solution for fund promoters and alternative investment fund managers looking to set up a fund quickly within an extremely flexible vehicle.
It is suitable for a wide range of alternative strategies such as hedge funds, private equity and real estate, FoFs, credit, collectibles, crypto, … and benefits from being domiciled in an onshore and reputable jurisdiction. Luxembourg is indeed one of the world’s most attractive tax and regulatory centre. The SLP is a newly popular type of institutional fund which can be set up in a matter of weeks, without regulatory approval nor appointment of a regulated manager by strategies.
Creatrust provides a one-stop-shop solution for the setup and central administration of such a highly efficient and cost-effective investment fund structure.
Learning everything about the SLP in 2 minutes
Advantages of the Luxembourg SLP
In summary, the advantages of such a structure are:
- It can be set up within 2-4 weeks
- No prior regulatory approval
- Unregulated Alternative Investment Fund under the AIFMD
- Unlimited number of investors
- Its manager should be regulated only when its AUM is over > 100 Mio (500 Mio for closed-end funds)
- The SLP can invest in any type of assets: equities, participations, bonds, loans, artworks, cars, hedge fund strategies, liquid or illiquid instruments, real estate, private equity, etc.
- No depository bank required
- No audit required
- ISIN code allocated to the shares issued by the SLP
- Fully Tax transparent – fully tax exempt in Luxembourg – No VAT
- Clearing and settlement of subscriptions with Euroclear – Fundsettle